Books for the USMLE Step 2
Are you are studying for United States Medical Licensing Examination ® (USMLE) Step 2? We have asked students who did well on their USMLE Step 2 exam and came up with a list of the Best Books for the USMLE Step 2 Exam.
Step-Up to Medicine [5th Edition]:
This bestselling volume in the popular Step-Up series provides a high-yield review of medicine, ideal for preparing for clerkships or clinical rotations, shelf exams, and the USMLE Step 2. Clinical pearls, full-color illustrations, and “Quick Hits” provide essential information in an efficient, easy-to-remember manner, perfect for medical, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner students. Now enhanced with integrated instructor support, Step-Up to Medicine, Fifth Edition delivers exactly what students need to know—both for exam preparation and for practical use in the evaluation and treatment of patients.
- Updated and revised content reflects extensive research with faculty and students.
- Figures, charts, tables, graphs, and mnemonics aid visual learners and facilitate retention of essential material.
- Enhanced high-yield outline format and Quick Hits save time and help students review more efficiently.
- 100-question practice exam helps students prepare for shelf and board.
- Succinct, outline approach keeps “extra” material to a minimum, focusing on the core content students need to know.
- Clinical pearls help students “file away” clinical connections for handy retrieval at test time and aid in the transition from basic science to clinical medicine.
- Easy-to-follow algorithms demonstrate examples of effective clinical reasoning, particularly for similar complaints.
- Coverage includes every essential area of medicine, including body system diseases and disorders; fluids, electrolytes, and acid-base disorders; hematologic diseases and neoplasms; infectious diseases; diseases of the skin and hypersensitivity disorders; and ambulatory medicine.
- Helpful appendices cover radiographic and electrocardiogram interpretation, physical examination pearls, workup and management of common problems on the wards, basic statistics and evidence-based medicine, and end-of-life issues and informed consent.
Master the Boards USMLE Step 2 CK [4rd Edition]:
Drawing on Dr. Fischer’s 20+ years of experience in the USMLE arena, this edition is the highest yield full-color review book for the Clinical Knowledge exam. If it is not likely to appear on the test, it is not in this book.
- The Fischer Method includes disease topics presented in exam-style format:
- What is the most likely diagnosis?
- What is the best initial test?
- What is the most accurate diagnostic test?
- What is the treatment?
- Logical approach that makes patient care easy to remember
- Hundreds of color diagnostic images, algorithms, and tables
- New biostatistics chapter and dozens of new infectious disease topics
- Designed to work with Kaplan’s Step 2 High Yield course
Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK (Step-Up Series) [4th Edition]
Now thoroughly updated and revised, the Fourth Edition of Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK provides a high-yield, systems-based review – ideal for preparing for the end-of-rotation NBME shelf exam and studying for the USMLE Step 2 CK. Full-color illustrations and “Quick Hits” provide essential information in an efficient, easy-to-remember manner, which makes this ideal for students in medical, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner programs.
Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK, Fourth Edition delivers exactly what you need to know in order to be test-ready and ace key exams.
- Completely revised and updated content reflects the current USMLE exam
- Succinct, outline approach keeps “extra” material to a minimum, focusing on the core content you need to know
- “Quick Hits” in the margins highlight highly testable topics
- Easy-to-remember mnemonics help you “file away” clinical information for handy retrieval at test time
- “Next Steps” margin notes guide you through the workup of a patient with practical tips to success
- Easy-to-follow algorithms show examples of effective clinical reasoning, particularly for similar complaints
- Includes must-know information on causes, risk factors, history and physical exam, lab studies and radiology, treatment, and complications for the most common diseases and disorders
- 300 USMLE-style questions, included with the eBook, feature complete explanations to help you gain confidence for the exam.
Brochert’s Crush Step 2: The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review [4th Edition]:
Crush Step 2: The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review―the name and reputation speak for themselves! Drs. Theodore X. O’Connell and Mayur Movalia bring a fresh perspective to this trusted classic that offers you the most high-yield coverage of all of the specialty and subspecialty knowledge tested on the most recent administrations of the USMLE Step 2 exam. A well-written, easily accessible approach, with plenty of helpful lists and tables, makes studying stress-free. You’ll also find numerous tips, insights, and guidance on maximizing your score and on getting the most benefit from computer-based simulations. If you know all of the concepts in this book, you should do much better than pass USMLE Step 2: You should CRUSH STEP 2!
- Confidently prepare for the boards with the text that is trusted and recommended by thousands of medical students.
- Focus on essential information and master it efficiently with thoroughly updated, high-yield coverage of all of the specialty and subspecialty knowledge tested on the most recent USMLE Step 2 exam, so you can be sure you’re studying the material you really need to know.
- Spend more time studying and less time searching thanks to a well-written, easily accessible approach, with plenty of helpful lists and tables to highlight high-yield data.
- Review the full gamut of essential subjects with coverage of epidemiology and biostatistics, pharmacology and microbiology, cardiac physiology, and basic EKG pathology, as well as common and life-threatening diseases encountered in orthopedics, urology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, pediatrics, vascular surgery, and other subspecialties.
- Get the fresh perspective and insight of new authors, Drs. O’Connell and Movalia, both successful authors of review products.
- Learn from the experience of the Resident Review Board, comprised of high-scoring individuals, who reviewed the book to ensure relevancy and accuracy.
- Confidently prepare for the boards with the text that is trusted and recommended by thousands of medical students and has been reviewed by a board of high-performing (99th percentile) students.
- Enhance your learning and understanding with thoroughly updated images throughout including a chapter dedicated to full-color, high-yield images (with additional images accessible on your smart phone via QR codes).
- Challenge your knowledge with USMLE style questions at the end of most chapters, additional online review questions, and bonus images and questions accessible on your smart phone via QR codes.
- Free limited-time access to the Crush Step 2 Question Bank on USMLE Consult plus discount for purchase.
First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK [10th Edition]
The expert author team that guided students to success on the USMLE® Step 1 presents the latest edition of this skill-sharpening review for the USMLE® Step 2 CK. With an easy-to-follow bulleted presentation of must-know diseases and disorders, this one-of-a-kind study companion offers the most current overview of all core areas on the boards. Included is a host of learning tools, from key facts and mnemonics to full-color illustrations and proven test-taking strategies―everything students need to pass the exam with flying colors.
First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS [6th Edition]
The #1 review for the USMLE Step 2 CS is now even better!
The Sixth Edition of First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS has been updated to reflect the latest NBME exam format and worksheet items, and incorporates feedback from recent US and international test-takers. This high-yield review delivers a thorough exam preparation guide for the USMLE Step 2 CS, offering a solid review of frequently test CS cases, along with proven study and exam strategies for clinical encounters.
- 44 full-length practice cases that simulate the real exam, updated to reflect recent exam changes, and test your ability to document the patient’s most likely diagnosis and how it is supported by the history and physical findings
- A revised and expanded set of 39 minicases representing common complaints designed to help you rapidly develop a working set of differential diagnoses
- Detailed descriptions and illustrations of high-yield physical exam maneuvers that will win you points without costing time
- Updated maxicases with examples of how to ask patients insightful questions
- Expanded guidelines on how to deal with challenging situations, including those that pose ethical and confidentiality issues
- An updated exam preparation guide for the new USMLE® Step 2 CS, including proven study and exam strategies for clinical encounters based on the patient-centered interview
- Updated content based on feedback from recent U.S. and international test takers
Master the Boards – Internal Medicine [2nd Edition]
Master the Boards: Internal Medicine is the most comprehensive, test-focused guide available to help you succeed on the ABIM exam. Written by USMLE expert Dr. Conrad Fischer, this board-focused review dissects each disease to answer the most common questions on the Internal Medicine Boards:
“What is the most likely diagnosis?”
“What is the best initial test?”
“What is the most accurate test?”
“What is the best initial therapy?”
“Which physical finding is most likely in this patient?”
Time-saving outline format includes testable material only.
Diagnostic images and tables make information memorable with visual references.
Exclusive test-day tips highlight frequent questions and incorrect answer choices to avoid.
Sidebars summarize key points for quick review.
USMLE Step 2 CK Qbook (USMLE Prep) [7th Edition]
The USMLE is one of the most important exams a medical student will ever take. Kaplan Medical, the health sciences division of Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions, knows exactly what you need to pass Step 2 CK and will guide you to success on this challenging exam. Kaplan Medical’s USMLE Step 2 CK QBook contains Kaplan-exclusive strategies, practice questions, and thorough review so you are fully prepared on test day.
This comprehensive Qbook features:
- 850 exam-style questions you won’t find anywhere else
- Detailed answer explanations so you know which questions you answered correctly and which sections you need extra practice on
- Access to a sample online Question Bank
- Strategies for acing the computer-based test
- Updated test-taking and strategies guide
- Practice for subject-specific areas: Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Surgery
Quick access to key clinical information and solutions to common problems in internal medicine – as close as your pocket! Pocket Medicine, Sixth Edition, is your go-to resource for fast answers to diagnostic questions you’ll face on rounds and exams. Prepared by residents and attending physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital, this portable, best-selling reference tackles the diagnosis and treatment of the most common disorders in cardiology, pulmonary medicine, gastroenterology, nephrology, hematology-oncology, infectious diseases, endocrinology, rheumatology, and neurology. Bulleted lists, tables, and algorithms focus on the information you need in order to make an accurate diagnosis and develop a treatment plan.
- Completely updated throughout to keep you current with what’s new in internal medicine.
- 6-ring looseleaf binder accommodates notes and is small enough to fit in a pocket.
- 16-page color insert displays classic normal and abnormal radiographs, CT scans, echocardiograms, peripheral blood smears, and urinalyses commonly seen in the practice of internal medicine.
- User-friendly tabs and a 2-color design help you find information quickly.
- References to landmark papers help you answer questions from attendings and residents – all from a trusted source acceptable for use on rounds.
- Surgical, OB-GYN, and ophthalmic consult section guides you to ask the right questions and get the best care for your patients.
- Ideal for medical students, interns, residents, advanced practice nurses, PAs, and candidates reviewing for internal medicine board exams.