Having trouble remembering all the important questions to ask during your patient encounter? Then try this Enuresis Mnemonic (Bedwetting) for USMLE Step 2 CS.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION Enuresis mnemonic
NOTE: Make sure to wash your hands or wear gloves before you start physical examination. Make sure to ask for permission before you start each physical exam. Make sure to use proper draping (don’t forget to tie back patient’s gown). Make sure to explain each physical examination in layman’s term to your patient. Do NOT repeat painful maneuvers.
- None: No child will be present during USMLE Step 2 CS examination.
Differential Diagnosis for Enuresis mnemonic
- Primary nocturnal enuresis (monosymptomatic)
- Secondary enuresis (a/w stress such as: life or environmental changes, major illness or abuse)
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Diabetes mellitus
- Functional bladder disorder
Diagnostic Work up
- Genital Exam (you are not required to perform this on your exam but should be part of your diagnostic work up to show you thought about it)
- Urinalysis (to rule out urinary tract infection)
- HbA1c (to rule out diabetes)
- Urine culture
- Renal Ultrasound
Click on the Image below if you are having trouble with your Time Management:
Did you like this Enuresis Mnemonic? Click on the Image below for More USMLE Step 2 CS Mnemonics: